Mainnet parameter discussions: Knowable's proposal

Shielded set rewards

Correct! The shielded set rewards max inflation parameter values that I provided were (confusingly) just examples, not actually meant to be proposed. I don’t have a well-formed opinion about these values–I suspect that it will take some experimentation to find what works, but it would be great to model some different scenarios with different parameter values: Preparing to kick off shielded set rewards - #4 by Gavin

PGF inflation

gauge how well the PGF tokens are being allocated in the first several months of mainnet and then determine if the inflation rate should be changed rather than make some kind of a priori commitment to some next number

The idea of proposing a plan to escalate to 10% now is so that we have some alignment in signalling that our goal is to allocate a relatively strong backing to reward contributors with meaningful Namada network ownership, and thus there should be a bit more onus to justify deciding against raising from 5% to 10% when the time comes.

If there’s a good reason to agree that tokens aren’t being allocated according to expectations, or that there isn’t a need for additional allocation, personally I think that either should be enough justification for changing the plan (and also to consider decreasing below 5%).

1 Like