Proposal for mainnet launch phases

Hello, Chris.
So if we are having a discussion here, could you please give some clarification to your post to which I am replying.

You write that Namada token will not have any blocking and vesting periods and if I understand correctly, the entire capitalization, namely 1 billion tokens will be day 1 available, which means when phase 5 is reached they will all be in the market and the team/investors can start selling them on the first day after tge/mainnet.

Don’t you think this is weird and not serious?

Let me explain what I mean.

You tell us here about the seriousness of the Namada protocol, its construction and how important it is, you set a period of 5 phases, to test and debug all the mechanisms, so that everything will be and work OK in the mainnet.

But if all 1 billion tokens will be available on the first day of trading (for the team and the investors), then it crosses the seriousness of your product, and already looks like a regular token-memcoin.

As you know, in web3 projects enter the market usually with a small percentage in the mainnet (8-15% airdrop + ecosystem costs) and after months/Year/Years there comes unlocking of tokens from the team and investors.
And this unlocking/periods of blocking just shows what the valuation of the project will be after a while, which to some extent limits the team from pouring their entire position into the market, so that they actually do their product and not just cash out and never come back to their product.

I’m very worried that a similar thing could happen with Namada if the entire supply is made available to everyone immediately after going through all 5 phases. And I can’t imagine how the product will be priced in the market with this approach and which CEX exchanges will be able to list it. Then we will be able to see it only on osmosis at a paltry valuation and it will be a disaster, considering the path that has been traveled.

I participated in Shieleded Expedition and I’m in the top 30 and if you actually go to market with this approach, it will be ridiculous to all the teams that participated in this whole thing.
So I’d like to hear your response to that.

2 Likes